An Easy Attendant line is a line with a simple automated TUI (telephone user interface) menu, intended for business subscribers. Callers can use simple key options to transfer to specific departments or individuals in the business, to transfer to a voicemail account directly, or to listen to a recorded announcement.
The Easy Attendant menu can be turned on all the time, active just during non-business hours, or set up with two different menus for business and non-business hours according to a pre-defined schedule.
This section describes the configuration tasks that you can perform on an Easy Attendant line using the self- care TUI.
Accessing the Easy Attendant self-care TUI
You can access the Easy Attendant self-care TUI main menu
• by dialling the attendant number and pressing *6 and following the prompts
• using the call forwarding number that redirects to the TUI, and then pressing *6.
You can use *6 after dialling in to the caller TUI whether the tree is turned on or off. If Easy Attendant is set to forward to another number, you can also press *6 during the first occurrence of the ringing tone as your call is being transferred.
Once you have accessed the Easy Attendant self-care TUI, you will be prompted to enter the Easy Attendant telephone number and the Easy Attendant PIN.
You will then hear the Easy Attendant main menu, prompting you to choose one of the following keys.
• Press 1 to change your Easy Attendant configuration. This will take you to the menu described in section 10.2.
• Press 2 to change your other settings, for example to reset the PIN. This will take you to the menu described in section 10.3.
• Press 3 to log in as another subscriber. You will then be prompted to enter a telephone number including the area code and the appropriate PIN.
Easy Attendant configuration menu
If you have chosen the option to change your Easy Attendant configuration, you will first hear an announcement telling you whether your Easy Attendant is turned on or off, what the current schedule is if schedules are being used, and whether there are any unrecorded announcements.
You can then choose one of three options.
• Press 1 if you want to change the status of your Easy Attendant. This will turn EA off if it is currently on, and vice versa. You will then hear the Easy Attendant configuration menu again, which will also tell you the new status of Easy Attendant.
If you attempt to turn on your Easy Attendant but the menu has not yet been configured correctly, you will hear an error message telling you why your Easy Attendant cannot be turned on. For example, you may need to record an initial greeting, you may have configured an entry in the menu to play an announcement but not yet made an associated recording, or you may not yet have defined the extensions that can be used on a dial-by- extension key press.
You can make the necessary recordings using the TUI, as described below, but you may need to use the Easy Attendant web UI for more complex configuration tasks.
• Press 2 to record or edit announcements used for your business-hours menu or, if you are not using schedules, your single Easy Attendant menu. You will then hear the recording selection menu described below.
• Press 3 to record or edit announcements used for your non-business-hours menu. (If you are not using schedules and so only have one menu, you will not hear this announcement.) Again, selecting this option takes you to the recording selection menu described below.
The recording selection menu
Once you select one of the options above to edit your announcements, you will hear a message telling you the status of the announcements associated with that menu. For example:
You have announcements for keys 1, 2, and 4, and the initial announcement. You have no announcement for key 3.
Press the key for the announcement you wish to edit, pound to edit the initial announcement, or star to return to the previous menu.
If you press a valid key, you will be invited to edit the announcement. If you want a particular key to no longer have an announcement, you will need to use the Easy Attendant web UI to edit your menu and change the behaviour of this key. If you press an invalid key, you will hear an error message telling you that this is not a valid key prompt, before hearing the announcement selection menu again.